Homemade Naan Pizza is a satisfying low-effort meal
If you want all the satiating joy from eating pizza, the satisfaction from cooking yourself, and the laziness of a low effort meal, then homemade Naan Pizza is for you.
- You can assemble it in a couple minutes and cook it in 15 minutes.
- A naan is the perfect size for a personal pizza.
- You can use left overs for toppings to save more time and money
We had leftover smoked pot roast which was the perfect mix of savory beef, peppers, and onions to use as toppings for our Naan pizza. Usually I reach for the pepperoni and veggies, but I was pleasantly surprised how much the pot roast worked as a topping.
Why naan? What is naan?
Naan is a flatbread from the Indian subcontinent. Compared to other flatbreads, Naan is a bit thicker because its leavened (yeast risen). This makes naan great for a pizza because it can support the toppings and be cooked with the toppings without becoming hard and brittle.
I actually make my own Naan in large batches that last us for a few months at a time. That will be the subject of a future post I’m sure. If you want to buy some at the store, I often find it in the deli area of supermarkets, at Indian or Asian grocery stores, or sometimes in the frozen food section of larger supermarkets.
*update* Check out my naan recipe here!
Let's bake some Homemade Naan Pizza
Preheat your oven to 450. We have pizza stones that we use for all frozen pizzas and reheating pizzas. I recommend using one for a crispy crust on all your pizzas.
Top your pizzas with enough sauce to make a thin layer, leaving some border for the crust. I used between 2 Tbsp and a ¼ cup on mine.
You can find the recipe I used to make this pizza sauce here.
Add a layer of your favorite shredded cheese, so that the sauce is mostly covered. I used about ⅓ cup on mine.
Add as many toppings as you want! I covered mine in a hearty layer of smoked pot roast. You might also want to add: salt, minced garlic, dried herbs and spices, or anything fun you might order a mod pizza.
Cook for about 10 minutes, and check for the cheese to turn golden. Pull it from the oven, cut it into a few pieces, and enjoy 🙂 Your cook time might increase if not using a pizza stone.
Recipe for Homemade Naan Pizza
Homemade Naan Pizza
- 1 Pizza Stone optional
- 1 baking sheet (if no pizza stone)
- 1 Naan
- ¼ cup Pizza Sauce
- ⅓ cup Shredded cheese Pick your favorite
- Toppings: meats, veggies, spices your choice!
- Preheat to 450F with a pizza stone if you have one.
- Apply a thin layer of pizza sauce to the naan, leaving a border for the crust. I used between 2 Tbsp and ¼ cup.
- Add a layer of cheese to the sauce. I used around ⅓ cup.
- Add your toppings. I used leftover smoked pot roast
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Then cut into pieces and enjoy! If not using a pizza stone it may take a few minutes longer.